Friday, June 26, 2009
Michael Jackson: King of Pop dies at 50.....!!!
King of Pop dies at 50:
Mega super star and pop legend Michael Jackson was silenced on Thursday (25) by a heart disease. He was pronounced dead yesterday at 2:26 pm(2126 GMT). He was 50.
The international King of Pop, was rushed to UCLA Medical Centre from his rented home in Los Angeles" Holmby Hills after he suffered a cardiac arrest. He died at UCLA medical centre, Los Angeles. The cause of death is yet to be determined.
Paramedics arrived at Jackson's Sunset Boulevard home after receiving a 911 call. Despite CPR being administered during the short ambulance ride, he arrived at the UCLA Medical Center in a coma.
The major news networks across the globe have made plans honour the super star with TV specials dedicated to him. The CNN announced that they will air Larry King Live on the death of the musician soon after the news confirming Jackson's death.,
ABC said it would air is one-hour special on the life of MJ from 9 to 10 p.m. CBS will air "The Life and Death of Michael Jackson" from 10 to 11 p.m. NBC will air a two-hour tribute from 9 to 11 p.m., honoring both Jackson and actress Farrah Fawcett who passed away this morning.
The MTV networks MTV, MTV2, MTV tr3s and mtvU will also air programs in honouring Michael Jackson featuring celebrity call-ins and various MJ music videos. All the International TV channels including FOX and BIO are well set o celebrate the King -Of-Pop this Saturday. Jackson, the winner of 13Grammy awards, was a musical pop icon and popularized the one sparkly glove, the moonwalk and other unique dance moves. Five of his albums "Off the Wall," "Thriller," "Bad," "Dangerous" and "HIStory" became global bestsellers.
Michael Jackson was the undisputed "Blood" on the Dance Floor" of all times in pop music throughout its history. Michael enthralled, excited, mystified and paralyzed audiences wherever he performed in the world.
He was a perfectionist. He once said , "I'm never pleased with anything, I'm a perfectionist, it's part of who I am." He joins among the artiste of the calibre of Elvis Presley and John Lennon whose influence is forever felt by anyone in the music world .
Michael Joseph Jackson was born Aug. 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana. He was the seventh of nine siblings that included Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, La Toya, Marlon, Randy and Janet. His childhood was a rocky one, characterized by highs from his success with his brothers as The Jackson 5 and lows from physical and emotional abuse by his father Joe Jackson.
His solo career began concurrently with his time with The Jackson 5, and the songs "Ben" and "Rockin' Robin" became hits for the time. After playing the Scarecrow in "The Wiz," he formed a partnership with Quincy Jones that produced his first major solo album "Off the Wall."
Besides his fashions, vocals and choreography, Jackson's music videos became iconic. To this day, "Thriller" is so beloved and recognizable, people worldwide are still performing the ghoulish dance at the end of the video. Jackson's sudden death brought reactions from across the entertainment world.
As put it by president and CEO of the Recording Academy, Neil Prtnow, " rarely has the world received a gift with the magnitude of artistry, talent and vision as Michael Jackson. He was a true musical icon whose identifiable voice,innovative dance moves , stunning musical versatility and sheer star power carried him from childhood to world-wide acclaim."
While reactions are destined to galore in appreciation of the King of Pop and the All Time Blood On the Dance Floor, Michael Jackson, let's ponder on to what Michael said about his life , being a celebrity musician and his personal existence. What did he believe in?
Michael Jackson said:
* If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.
* "I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarrass easily."
* The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life. It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation".
* Yeah, Wacko Jacko, where did that come from? Some English tabloid.I have a heart and I have feelings. I feel that when you do that to me. It's not nice."
* Just because it's in print does not mean it's the gospel".
* And I remember going to the record studio and there was a park across the street and I'd see all the children playing and I would cry because it would make me sad that I would have to work instead."
* The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work."
* People write negatives things, cause they feel that's what sells. Good news to them, doesn't sell.
* I love my family very much. I wish I could see them a little more often than I do.
* And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance.